Principal Solar buys, owns, and operates solar power projects.
- Identify, diligently review and acquire the most financially viable large-scale solar projects for financing and long term ownership.
- Establish the company as the market thought-leader via the Principal Solar Institute, by issuing thoughtful and timely white papers, hosting webinars and events and collaborating with leading solar thinkers on the creation of new intellectual property.
- Position the company to develop massive Gigawatt-scale projects on a global basis.
Who We Are
Principal Solar is a team of global experts in energy, finance, technology, sales, and marketing.
The Drivers for the rapid transformation include:
- 40% + price declines in solar technologies in the past 2 years
- Forecasted on-going price declines for these technologies
- Expanding global technological innovation driving greater solar efficiencies
- Free and highly available sunshine around the globe
- Affordable and non-productive land
- Rising, expensive utility rates
- National security issues associated with fossil fuels
- Political pressure to reduce carbon emissions and other pollutants
- International Energy Agency (IEA) projections that solar will provide up to 25% of global electricity production by 2050
- Solar plant life expectancies of 25+ years
- Massive German, Chinese & Japanese investments have advanced solar technologies and drastically reduced cost
- National solar policies spurring deployments in many large EU and Asian countries and several US states
- Traditional electricity generation companies are moving cautiously into solar
- Solar has experienced an average annual growth rate of 40% for the last decade
- Accelerating health care costs directly tied to pollution and environmental degradation forces policy-makers to make changes
- Huge new business and related employment potential in the US and global markets
- Massive public-sector funding to spur new projects and new technological development
- Accelerating private-sector support for strategic investment
The time has come to be the leaders in transforming the world energy stage. Read why.